Encounter Christian Church is Spirit-filled non-denominational church with a passion for Christ and a heart for family.
We are a community of faith-filled people who desire to encounter God and come into the fullness of His intentions for our lives individually and corporately.
a church empowered by the Holy Spirit to transform people through an experience with Jesus Christ and God’s Word.
to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, lift Him up through worship, and understand Him through His Word, bringing spiritual maturity and wholeness to people’s lives.
Purpose: We will proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through preaching, teaching, music, drama, and dance.
We will lift Him up through weekly worship services and exemplary lives that bear much fruit.
We will understand Him by studying the Scriptures together, showing ourselves approved unto God, rightly dividing the Word, relying upon the Holy Spirit to be our teacher.
We will disciple, mentor, and train people in the work of the ministry.
We will be used to bring wholeness to people’s lives as they experience the transforming power of God in our gatherings, and over time through the ministry of Scriptural counseling.
Affiliation: Encounter Christian Church is part of an international fellowship of churches called Ministers Fellowship International (mfi-online.org). The chairman of MFI is Frank Damazio who is lead pastor of City Bible Church and President of Portland Bible College in Oregon. Several churches in the central VA area are also part of this Fellowship including Christian Life Church (Pastor Dennis Lacheney), House of Prayer (Pastor Steve Stells), The Father's House (Pastor Scott Harding), and Victory Christian Fellowship (Pastor Mike Hennigan).
Statement of Faith: 1. We believe in the plenary, verbal inspiration of the accepted canon of the Scriptures as originally given.(II Timothy 3:16; I Corinthians 2:13)
2. We believe in the Eternal Godhead who has revealed Himself as ONE God existing in THREE persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit; distinguish-able but indivisible.(Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14)
3. We believe in the creation, test and fall of man as recorded in Genesis; man’s total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness.(Romans 5:12, 18)
4. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the Savior of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, very God and very man.(Luke 1:26-35; John 1:18; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6)
5. We believe Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day, and personally appeared to His disciples.(I Corinthians 15:1-4; Ro-mans 4:25)
6. We believe in the bodily ascension of Jesus to heaven, His exaltation and personal, literal and bodily coming again the second time for the Church.(John 14:2-3; I Thessalonians 4:13-18)
7. We believe in the salvation of sinners by grace, through repentance and faith in the perfect and sufficient work of the cross of Calvary by which we obtain remission of sins.(Ephesians 2:8-9; Hebrews 9:12; Romans 5:11)
8. We believe in the necessity of water baptism by immersion in the name of the Eternal Godhead in order to fulfill the command of Christ.(Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:36-39; 19:1-6)
9. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience subsequent to salvation, with the Scriptural evidence; namely, speaking in other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.(Acts 2:1-4; 8:14-17; 10:44-46; Galatians 3:14-15)
10. We believe in the operation of the gifts of the Spirit as enumerated in I Corinthians 12-14, manifested in the Early Church.
11. We believe in the Spirit-filled life, a life of separation fromthe world and perfecting of holiness in the fear of God as an expression of Christian faith. (Ephesians 5:18; II Corinthians 6:14; 7:1)
12. We believe in the healing of the body by divine power,or divine healing in its varied aspects as practiced in the Early Church.(Acts 4:30; Romans 8:11; I Corinthians 12:9; James 5:14)
13. We believe in the Table of the Lord, commonly called Communion or the Lord’s Supper, for believers.(I Corinthians 11:23-32)
14. We believe in eternal life for believers (John 5:24; 3:16) and eternal punishment for unbelievers.(Mark 9:43-48; II Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:10-15)
15. We believe in the reality and personality of Satan and eternal judgment of Satan and his angels.(Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10-15)